Our restoration team have transformed yet another heritage property on Scotland’s canal network. Seaview Cottage is a former lock keeper’s cottage set on the banks of the Crinan Canal, just 1/4 mile from Crinan Habour. Seaview Cottage circa (1815) and has undergone an £75,000 renovation – carried out by Scottish Canals and local builders, DMcDonald preserving this historically important building for future generations to enjoy.
The property sleeps 4 and has 2 bedrooms, lounge, dining room, TV room, fully equipped kitchen and family bathroom. As with all of our Canalside Cottages, Guests can expect facilities of the highest standard and cosy, comfortable surroundings with a unique Scottish twist.
There’s loads to do in the nearby area, for visitors of all ages, plus plenty of the glorious natural scenery Scotland is famed for.
About The Area
The Crinan Canal is near Cairnbaan, a small village with a lot to offer. Walking and cycling routes, boating and fishing, island-hopping and wildlife-spotting – it’s all here.
Cairnbaan’s history goes back more than 5,000 years. Prehistoric ‘cup and ring’ marks carved into the rocks of Kilmartin Glen have been puzzling archaeologists for generations. Nearby there’s the impressive Iron Age Dunadd Fort, from which the ancient kings of Scotland surveyed their realm.
The intriguing and sometimes strange history of Scotland comes vividly to life at the internationally-acclaimed Kilmartin House Museum in Lochgilphead. Visitors can see the items recovered from the area’s ancient monuments and hear the history behind them.
There’s plenty to see in the wild. Eagles hunt overhead as seals bask on the beaches. And nearby Knapdale is home to the Scottish Beaver Trail, so there’s always the chance of seeing one gnawing on a tree trunk somewhere!
You can spot Scotland’s sea life from the Oban and Kennacraig ferries. Dolphins, diving birds, puffins and even the occasional basking shark. Destinations from Oban include Gigha, Mull and Colonsay, while from Kennacraig you can reach Islay and the Inner Hebrides.
When you return from your adventures, you’ll find a warm welcome and superb seafood at the Crinan Hotel, known for its friendly atmosphere and excellent service.
- Will considerCorporate/Long Lets/Short Breaks/Other
- AccessCar not necessary
- Family friendlyFamily friendly for children of all ages
- MobilitySuitable for people with restricted mobility.
- NotesPet friendly, no smoking.
- LuxuriesLog fire
- GeneralCentral heating, linen and towels provided
- StandardTV, DVD player, CD player
- UtilitiesCooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, toaster, kettle
- Rooms2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms
- FurnitureSingle beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 1, Lounge seats for 4
- OtherHigh chair available, parking available
- OutdoorsPrivate garden, BBQ
Argyle & Bute